Friday, October 19, 2007

etsy Friday - YarnCon Edition

Last Saturday, thanks to the amazing Sherpa skills of Blooangl, I was able to attend YarnCon.  (I'm such a total suburbanite, that my travels to downtown Chicago usually consist of a train and then "Taxi!")


I purchased a few items and interestingly from vendors who are also on etsy.  All except one --


20071016_039_edited


Pattern Tamers


These are neat ribbon covered magnets that are used to keep your place in your pattern, your book open, despite the efforts of small children and animals to knock your ruler off the page, rip off your post-it note and dragging the pattern onto the floor.    I've used the largest one to keep track of the my working row on the mystery shawl.  I've been very impressed that it hasn't moved.  I wish there was an easy way to move up or down a row, but that could be part of my lack of co-ordination and would probably render the pattern tamer as useless as post-its.  I also like the weight of them as they keep the paper from floating away.  I wish she had a web site or etsy shop, but only an email account.  If you're interested, leave me a comment or email me at errs at yahoo dot com. 


I got to meet Shannon Okey of knitGrrl fame...as well as purchase some of her lovely hand-dyed lace yarn: 


20071016_006


20071016_007


You can get some too at StitchCleveland, her wonderful etsy shop.


At My Small Wonders, I  found some sock yarn in lovely "water" colors.  I was thrilled to find that the designer & I were thinking the same way:


20071016_022_edited


Lagoon


20071016_021_edited


Sunlit Waves


20071016_020_edited


I think they are going to be either a Chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (Ravelry link) or a Jaywalker Scarf (Ravelry link).


The best part was getting to meet Jen of Piddleloop! (Hey look, I'm famous!)  I think she got the bulk of my money as I picked up another project bag set,


20071016_038_edited


and a small notions pouch, since my iPod lives in the other one I had..


20071016_034_edited


and a larger pouch for all the stuff I seem to need no matter what I'm knitting...


20071016_044_edited


I looked by the only skull designs I could find where with the scissors, not the knitting needles, and you've got to love the cool green/blue color...


20071016_030_edited


But then Jen surprised me -- there was 1 more skull knitting project bag!!! Hurray!!!
20071016_029_edited


Did I mention that they match my Pattern Tamers?


  20071016_043_edited

No comments: