Friday, January 18, 2008

etsy Friday -- Home Edition

Only  one etsy purchase to share this Friday, but its a pretty big one.  When The Husband and I moved into our house, there was a lot more wall space than we had in our apartment, and while I had some art (we won't discuss what The Husband had that he considered "art") there wasn't enough.  We're not rich folks, so most original art is way out of our price range.  Then you add in the fact even if we find something in our price range, one of us usually doesn't like it.  Imagine my delight when I sent The Husband a link to original art on etsy and he actually liked it!!!

Faster than you can say "something clever", I had that art bought and on its way to our happy home.  Oh -- you want to see the art?  Okay, here you go:


Crow in Madrone by Laura Sue from Earth Art - Contemporary Art for Real Homes


PICT0020


I love the colors she used in this piece.  I also like the unique shape.  The Husband thought the crow was cool.  (I'm not going to argue -- he likes it and that's all that matters.)  This is the first real piece of art that I've ever purchased.  Look, its even signed by the artist with a certificate and everything!!!!


PICT0022_edited  


I can't say enough good things about the painting and the artist.  She was in immediate contact with me and gave us the tracking number as soon as it was shipped.  It was packed amazingly well and arrived in great condition. 


There's just one small  problem -- we plan on hanging it on along our stairs in the hallway and the hallway really needs another coat of paint.  Maybe it'll motivate us



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome, now you're a private collector!