Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Good Friday Night

We had a great Friday night.  Bruce & I competed in an APDT rally trial Friday night.  We got qualifying scores in 3 out of 4 runs.  He did really well -- not a peep out of him in his crate and he actually visited with some people.  Here are his ribbons:  (As I've stated before, he's secure enough in his masculinity to be proud of his pink ribbon.)

 01122008001_edited


What are his ribbons posing on, you ask?  (Shush -- its my blog and if I wanted to pretend that you noticed the knitted item under the ribbons, I will. So there.)


Why its the Autumn Mystery Shawl -- FINALLY off the needles.  I bound off between runs last night.  The last skein of yarn showed up on Wednesday, but I just didn't have the time or the patience to work on the shawl until Friday night. It isn't blocked yet, nor have I woven in the ends, but I just had to share! 


01122008003_edited01122008002_edited


I took these pictures, standing on the couch, with one foot on the edge of the coffee table (white splotch in the corner of the picture) for balance.  It takes up the entire coffee table right now.  It is going to be HUGE once its blocked.


 01122008004_edited


 Look at how dense the fabric is now... anybody want to block it for me?  I've got pins and wires and a hatred of wet wool..


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO BRUCE!!!! YAY!

and the shawl looks beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on the faboo pink ribbon and the huge, soon-to-be-smelly shawl!