Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wednesdays are for Rally

Tonight Bruce and I are off to our weekly Rally class. Its great because it gets him out and about and keeps his mind active. Most people think that Mastiffs aren't very smart, but you'd be surprised. Bruce has such a great time going through the course (and getting treats) and you can see him try to figure out new stations on the course.

For the uninitiated, Rally was started by APDT and picked up by the AKC. It is supposed to be a bridge into obedience, but I think that the actual exercises are harder in Rally. You're allowed to talk and encourage your dog during a trial and you have to keep a loose lead through the course. There's no harsh corrections -- even verbal -- or else you you could be disqualified.

My dream is for Bruce & I to get high in trial at the National Specialty next May. (If you're gonna dream, dream big!)

I did get some yarn and etsy purchases in the mail today. I also managed to take pictures, but I'm on the clock, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. I did get a couple of patterns to and I'm eager to cast on for all of them. But I'll be good and finish my Sproingy Scarf.

Which patterns you ask? The Baltic Sea Stole by Fiber Trends, Dragonscale Scarf by Bad Cat Designs, and last but certainly not least, Storm Water Scarf/Stole.

No comments: