Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All Out of Ideas

As I've already stated, I'm not the creative type.  So, we're setting up a business, and I'm still excited about that.  However, The Husband and I think that we need a logo for our web site and stuff.  We already know that the text will all be in Copperplate Light (for font & type junkies).  I purchased the font for our wedding invitations and we both really like it so that was easy. 


So, I searched for inspiration.  I went to WikiMedia Commons to look for free images.  Nothing for Mastiffs or Eurasiers.  But there's a bunch of stuff for Pantheon.  Seriously, I never knew that there were so many buildings called the Pantheon, aside from the one in Rome.  From Wiki:


Modern buildings named "Pantheon":



Hmm... not sure if any of these really spoke to me.  But hey, Paris is cool, so I checked that one out.  Wiki told me:




The Panthéon (Latin Pantheon[1], from Greek Pantheon, meaning "All the Gods") is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris, France. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve, but after many changes now combines liturgical functions with its role as a famous burial place.




I'm not really sure that I want us to be associated with any burial place.  Though some of the pictures are cool:


Interior Dome of the Panthéon


How about the original in Rome?


735px-Pantheon_drawingPiranesi04


Neat pictures, but seriously, not so much dog-like. 


I did a really creative search on Google:  "creating a logo".  That brought up LogoMaker, I get a free trial of the image.  What do you guys think?



 Anybody got any better ideas?  That one's okay, but it doesn't really work for me. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's cute, but I can understand if you'd want a more integrated logo. What are you looking for?