Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Shopping

Or should I say knitting?

Note: If you are related to me or are expecting a Christmas gift from me, and haven't told me that you read this blog, you might want to not read this post. You might find out what you're getting for Christmas. (Thought it would serve you right for reading this blog and not telling me!)


I've been buys knitting and blocking various gifts for the family.


My nieces are getting these mittens: (Brooks Farm Solana, Basic Mitten Pattern from one of the "Handy" books)


12_03_2007PICs004_edited12_03_2007PICs003_edited12_03_2007PICs002_edited


My brother asked for a hat, he's the only one if the family who asked for something real (as opposed to knitted lampshades or other jokes. So he's getting my version of the Zissou hat (Ravelry).


12_03_2007PICs007_edited12_03_2007PICs008_edited


It knit with Brooks Farms Mas-Acero. This stuff is very similar to Cascade 220, but softer due to the touch of silk. There's 8 oz in a skein, so when The Husband asked for the same hat, I just kept right on going. His hat is still on the needles.


My brother's girlfriend loved the colors of the Brooks Farm Four Play that I was knitting up. So, she's getting my version of the Scrunchable Scarf (Ravelry) (Please blend the colors in the two pictures together -- my camera is clearly having color issues.


12_03_2007PICs006_edited 12_03_2007PICs005_edited


And last but not least my sister is getting the Jute Rope Scarf (Ravelry). Its knit with Catalina Bulky Baby Alpaca. Its sooooo soft. I was sad when I finished knitting it.


12_03_2007PICs001_edited


All I've got to do is snip the threads and sew on charms and tags and then pack 'em up with the rest of the gifts and ship 'em out. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great knits! You have some very lucky family.